Mathematics is a fun subject to learn when you get a strong hold on its basics. If you wish to give your math skills a good boost, then a few simple tricks could help you out. These quick and shortcut mathematical tricks would help you solve complex math problems quite easily.
Go through some of them:
- Easy Rule for Division: If you need to decide the division of a 3-4 digit number by some random digit, then there are some useful shortcuts. Here are some rules to work for all the numbers without decimals or fractions:
- Divisible by 2 if the last digit of the number is divisible by 2 (like 496).
- Divisible by 3 if the sum of the digits of the number is divisible by 3 (201 as 2+0+1=3, divisible by 3)
- Divisible by 4 if the last two digits of the number are divisible by 4 (4340 as 40 is divisible by 4)
- Divisible by 5 if the last digit is either 0 or 5 (550)
- Divisible by 6 if the rules of divisibility of 2 & 3 apply (102)
- Divisible by 9 if the sum of digits is divisible by 9 (108 as 1+0+8=9, divisible by 9)
- Divisible by 12 if the rules of divisibility of 3 & 4 apply (like 408)
- Quick Percentage Calculation: You can flaunt your percentage calculation skills by knowing some simple math tricks. The simplest and the fastest way to calculate percentage is by multiplying the numbers first. Then you can think over the two decimal places. You must remember that percent implies a fraction out of 100. Thus, you need to move the decimal two places left of the result. For example:
- 20 percent of 70? Multiply 20 with 70 which is 1400. Now, move the decimal two places left, so the answer is 14.
- If you have to calculate the percentage of some number like 72 or 29, then round up the number to the nearest multiple like 70 & 30. This will help you in getting a quick approximate value.
Mathematics is a wide spectrum of study. Therefore, there are innumerable tricks and solutions to even the most complex problems. The underlying factor to success in this subject is to understand the basics well. Some tricks too could play an important role in simplifying the subject. Have fun with Mathematics!